Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Feel Good...


It is the news that the track world has been awaiting hear for some time now.

Tyson Gay has recently said, "I've gotten a lot of rest," Gay said. "Everybody knows I haven't raced since nationals. But I think it's been good for me."

That sounds great but eeeing is believing. So on Sunday, Tyson ran a full 100-meters in 10.00 in a workout. The time was run in humid conditions on a wet track and without starting blocks. My sources tell me that the workout at Normal University in Beijing was impressive in terms of qualify and in length.

Gay is looking to find his way back to the 9.68 seconds that he ran at the Olympic Trials six weeks ago. The wind reading was +4.1 which means the time is not eligible for record purposes.

Looking for things to be popping off on Friday in the first time of the 100-meters. The qualifiers will come back and run the second round again on Friday.

By Jay Hicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment