Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tyson Gay Fails To Make 100-Meter Final

Olympics Day 8 - Athletics

-Beijing- Analysis--Gay Runs Out of Time.

The hamstring held up for Tyson Gay through the rounds. However it was his conditioning that let him down in the semi-final heat.

He placed fifth in his heat by .02, knocking him out of the highly anticipated 100-meter final.

Gay's Olympic dreams went down with him on the track in Eugene at the U.S. Olympic Trials. This was his first competition since the injury, and Gay had only two weeks of practicing before heading to Beijing.

Gay is a warrior and ran as well as could be expected in this difficult set of circumstances. It was a simply a situation in which he ran out of time.

"I may have needed more races, but I don’t really have any excuses,’’ Gay said. "I'm pretty upset. I did my best and everyone knows I did," he went on to say.

By Jay Hicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment